Unlock Democracy is the UK’s leading campaign for democracy, rights and freedoms. A grassroots movement, we are owned and run by our members. In particular, we campaign for:
- Fair, Open and Honest Elections
- Rights, Freedoms and a Written Constitution
- Stronger Parliament and Accountable Government
- Bringing Power Closer to the People
- A Culture of Informed Political Interest and Responsibility
For more information about what we stand for, see our purpose and constitution.
Unlock Democracy was founded in November 2007 following the merger of Charter 88 and the New Politics Network (see history).
Other pages in this section:
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- Details about who we are, including our Staff, Council and Members.
- Current opportunities to work and volunteer with us.
- Our media section, including our latest appearances in the media, news releases, media guides and how to make media inquiries.
- How to contact us.