1. Unlock Democracy is a company limited by guarantee based in England with administrative offices at 37 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8PQ.
2. Unlock Democracy collects names, addresses and other personal details of its members, supporters and other contacts (together “Contacts”) for the purpose of administering its organisation and providing information to those people about the campaign where they have consented to receive it. It may also keep financial details relating to membership subscriptions, donations and purchases of campaign materials and merchandise. All such information is included in the term “Personal Data”. Unlock Democracy shall take reasonable steps to ensure that data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
3. Unlock Democracy takes all reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
4. Unlock Democracy will not share Personal Data with any person or organisation or publicise any Personal Data except:
(4.1) where Unlock Democracy is compelled to do so by applicable law, or to protect the rights of other subjects of Personal Data; or
(4.2) where express permission has been given by the subject of the Personal Data for such sharing; or
(4.3) where it is necessary for specific information to be used by persons acting in the ordinary course of Unlock Democracy’s operations to provide some service that the subject of the Personal Data has expressly requested; or
(4.4) where Unlock Democracy transfers its campaigning functions to a specific organisation having objects in line with a specific Unlock Democracy policy on the strict understanding that the subject of the Personal Data is informed and given the option to opt out, that this data will only be used for this function and that it will be returned to Unlock Democracy after the campaign has ceased;
(4.5) where Unlock Democracy transfers substantially all its functions and assets to a successor organisation or organisations (whether incorporated or unincorporated) having the same objects.
In all cases, Unlock Democracy shall only pass on Personal Data to third parties where it is satisfied the third party shall notify Contacts regarding the use of their Personal Data, shall provide information about how Contacts can contact the organisation with any inquiries or complaints and shall give Contacts the option to choose whether their Personal Data may be passed onto a further third party.
5. Unlock Democracy may share anonymous aggregate or statistical data relating to its Contacts.
6. Unlock Democracy may process Personal Data itself or through the agency of others. In particular Unlock Democracy may use the communication service provided by Blue State Digital which uses proprietary web technologies to give Contacts control over the Personal Data that is held about them. Any agents of Unlock Democracy have agreed to comply with this policy in addition to their normal duties of confidentiality.
7. All Contacts shall be given access to personal information about them that Unlock Democracy holds on them and be able to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Contact’s privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
8. If you are a Contact of Unlock Democracy and do not wish Unlock Democracy to continue to process your Personal Data for the purposes set out in 2 you should notify Unlock Democracy at the postal address above, via our online contact form or through email@example.com. As soon after such notice as is reasonably practicable, Unlock Democracy will remove your name from the relevant database.
9. As a non-profit membership organisation, Unlock Democracy is exempt from registering with the Office of the Information Commissioner. We do however comply with its best practice guidelines. Enquiries concerning this registration should be addressed to its Campaigns and Communications Manager at the postal address above, via our online contact form or via firstname.lastname@example.org.