Work With Us
Sorry we are not currently recruiting. But you can....
Volunteer with us! We are currently recruiting for Campaigns and Research Volunteers
Joining the Unlock Democracy team as a volunteer is a great opportunity to support and be a part of a national campaign. We are a small staff team, based in London, working on a wide range of projects – there is always plenty to do. We believe in providing valuable experience in a political campaigning organisation that meets the needs/interests of our volunteers. Our office based volunteering roles provide excellent office experience in a political campaigning organisation.
If you are after summer placement please come back in May. Due to the volume of applications we get we don't start recruiting for Summer volunteer placements till May.
About the Campaigns and Research Volunteer role
Deadline: Midnight Monday 24th February Interviews: 4th and 5th March
We are looking for volunteers to help develop the work of our teams in the head office. This is great opportunity to get a diverse experience needed to work in campaigning. Our volunteers provide support for two of our core teams, Campaigns and Research, meaning once you are settled you can specialise in the areas that you are passionate about! As a volunteer you could be helping us with a range of tasks including:
- Conducting research tasks to aid Unlock Democracy’s campaigning work.
- Summarising parliamentary debates, select committee evidence hearings and reports.
- Writing blog posts, editing website copy and developing your skills with social media tools like Hootsuite, Storify and Thunderclap.
- Drafting press releases, analysing developments in parliament and in the media.
- Drafting publicity emails, campaign guides and sending out campaigns materials.
- Liaising with MPs, councils, local activists and other supporting organisations.
- Helping members of staff within the busy environment of a campaigning organisation.
To apply please download our application form and send to Unlock Democracy’s Senior Campaigner Emily [dot] Randall [@]unlockdemocracy.org.uk
Please note we will not accept CVs and cover letters.
Applying to volunteer?
Here is what we want to know about you - We won’t be able consider your application without these details.
- Why your knowledge and experience makes you the best candidate for the role?
- Why do you want to volunteer with Unlock Democracy?
- What would you like to get out volunteering with Unlock Democracy?
- How many days a week you would like to come in?
- What days of the week are you available to volunteer on?
- How long would you be able to volunteer with us for?
- When you would be able to start?
We regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us on 020 7278 4443 and ask for Emily. Good luck!
You can read the application form online below to get an idea of what applying entails. Please do not attempt to download from Scribd site directly use the above links instead.